Time Periods When Assistance Is Needed
- Daily: 10 a.m – 5 p.m
- Wednesday evenings 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Perform basic health examinations of cats and dogs
- Perform fecal analysis
- Administer vaccinations and treatments
- Review animal records and provide treatment for animals with ongoing or chronic conditions
- Other related assistance, as discussed with the Red Door staff and Board
Special Capabilities Needed
- Must be a certified veterinarian or veterinary technician in the state of Illinois
All prospective veterinarian or vet tech volunteers are required to meet with Red Door’s manager and President to discuss medical capabilities, time and resource commitments, and animal care practices before evaluating or treating Red Door animals.
Veterinarians are asked to commit to a minimum 2-hour shift and commit to a regular monthly schedule. Certified Veterinary Technicians are asked to complete a minimum 2-hour shift and commit to a regular weekly or bi-weekly schedule.